I’m working on a business law report and need support to help me learn.
The topic I have chosen:
“The role of Law of Contracts in Business Transactions.”
The BUS 206A Project, which is a formal research paper, will provide you with an opportunity to more fully develop the background and implications of a business ethics/legal/regulation issue within the context of the course.
Your paper topic proposal requires research in order to make your proposal as close to your paper topic as possible. For the first part of the project, you will submit a written proposal that will be reviewed by the instructor and will either be approved or rejected. If your written proposal is rejected by the instructor, you are to contact your instructor to submit another version.
The written proposal must include the following items:
- Your proposed paper topic. This part of the proposal is required to be written in one sentence. Keep your paper topic narrow (but not so narrow that there are no scholarly/peer-reviewed sources available on the topic).
- Why the topic is interesting and important to you. Include a minimum of three paragraphs about why this topic is interesting and important to you. Address how you will focus the topic. If you choose a topic that is not of interest to you, it will show in your paper. Give this some serious consideration and contact your instructor for guidance if you need to do so.
Be as thorough as possible when writing your assignment, and remember, this is an academic assignment, so no “text-talk,” no conversational tone, and ABOVE ALL OTHER THINGS… don’t plagiarize!! Lastly, spell-check and proofread your work! Failure to follow these steps will negatively impact your grade.
For this course, you will submit the graded activity using Turnitin. An Originality Report will become available within a few minutes after your first submission. Inside the Originality Report will be a Similarity Index. The Similarity Index shows a percentage of the material in your paper which matches other sources found by Turnitin. You will be expected to have a Similarity Index of less than 20%. If your Similarity Index is greater than 20% you will need to review your Originality Report to be sure that you have paraphrased your work appropriately, and cited your sources correctly.
The Originality Report will help you to avoid plagiarism and improve the quality and content of your essay. It is strongly suggested that you keep direct quotations to a minimum, and never copy and paste text without proper citations. You have until the activity due date to resubmit your work, however, there will be a 24-hour delay before the Originality Report becomes available. It is your responsibility to submit your activity on time, with a Similarity Index of less than 20%.
General APA Formatting Guidelines:
The assignment should have an APA title page and an APA reference page if you cited information. Note that an APA abstract page is NOT required!
- Font Type: Times New Roman
- Font Size: 12 point
- Margins: 1 inch on all sides
- Spacing: Double-spacing
- Alignment: Left
- Paragraph Indentation: Use the Tab key to indent all paragraphs one half-inch from the left margin