I’m working on a psychology writing question and need guidance to help me learn.
After reading Module 9.3 and the article, Executive Summary from Step It Up!: Surgeon General’s Call to Action, complete the following activity.
Choose a movement type that is comfortable to you and try it. You may use any of the resources found in the lesson or find an opportunity to go to a movement-based class in your community (ie: T’ai Chi, Yoga, Dance, Fitness). It is encouraged to be mindful of your current level of experience and to honor your current body condition prior to choosing a movement-based experience for this question. This activity is meant to help try some joyful movement and provide a reflection on the experience.
After completing the activity, answer the questions below in a single, cohesive essay. Your essay should be a minimum of 500 words. Your responses should balance personal reflection with information from the lesson materials and required reading. Remember to define and describe any psychology terms you use and cite resources appropriately.
- What type of movement did you choose? Share where you went (or what video you used) to do the movement. (If you used a YouTube or online source, please include the link).
- What your experience was like (What did you gain from it or not gain from it? Was it a positive experience or not so positive?).
- Do you foresee yourself trying it again? Why or why not? If not, would you try a different type of movement? Why or why not?
- Did your view or perception of movement alter as a result of this assignment?
- In your opinion, does engaging in movement such as in this activity follow a biomedical, holistic, and/or a biopsychosocial approach to promoting health? Use what you learned about the biomedical, holistic, and biopsychosocial models of health in this lesson to support your rationale.