I’m working on a philosophy writing question and need support to help me study.
Interview Paper Assignment-PL 200
The name of the person that I decided to interview is Hassan (My husband)
The subject that I chose is “Honesty between the past and now”
I chose this subject because I’m interested on, and I know my husband will be too. Also, because people in the past consider being honest as a very important thing, but now I don’t think people are honest enough, and most of people think lying is ok in some cases. ( Make sure that you also follow the questions in the assignment so that you can help describe his context and how that impacted his worldview).
Each student will conduct an interview with a family member or friend/acquaintance whom they consider to be a mentor. Following the interview, the student will write a 3-4 page essay about the interview. The paper should be written in Times New Roman, 12 pt. font with 1” margins.
The goal of this paper is for the student to learn about their mentor’s context (time and place in history). How has their context has shaped the mentor’s worldview? Below are a list of questions to ask in the interview; students may choose to ask more questions. Interviews can be conducted in person, via phone conversation or video call.
- What was your childhood like?
- What is the most important thing in your life right now?
- What was the path you took to your current place in life? (This can refer to the person’s job or other activities that are important to them.)
- Do you have a religious belief or philosophy of life that has guided you? If so, can you share it with me?
- What was a major event that happened in your lifetime (this can be a personal event, or a much larger, national or global event) that changed/shaped the way you thought about the world? (As an example, some people might talk about the birth of a child, the death of a loved one, or even some larger event such as wars or attacks. Events can be either ‘bad’ or ‘good’.) Please explain the impact of the event.
- Do you have any words of wisdom or advice for me?
After conducting the interview, please note the following:
-The paper should NOT be just a listing of the answers to the questions. Please weave the questions into the paper to help the reader understand your mentor’s context and worldview.
-The beginning of the paper should take at least a paragraph to explain why you chose the person to interview. Who is this person to you and what impact have they had on your life?
-The middle section of the paper (longest section) should explain what you learned about your mentor. Again, don’t just list the answers to the questions, but please paint a picture of who this person is.
-The conclusion of the paper should answer the following: How has this person’s context affected how they view the world? How would you summarize their worldview? How has your interview influenced the way you understand your mentor?
UNFORMATTED ATTACHMENT PREVIEW
Purchase answer to see full attachment