I’m working on a sociology question and need an explanation to help me understand better.
only need about 75 words.
Select one of the many ways that we are consumers of our environments. For example, you may select the use of electricity, air conditioning, fossil fuels, or one of the many examples we have read about in the course.
As you analyze your selected form of consumption, address the following questions.
- What is the reality of your consumption?
- What social context led you to make purchases or consume products?
- What are the possible environmental and social impacts of your consumption patterns?
- How do modern or affluent lifestyles influence trends in consumption?
- Did purchases reflect wants or needs? Why or why not?
- How might purchasing only for need influence environmental change?