Page 73 has a case study about the declining retail giant Sears. Based on this reading assignment and your own research, discuss the following. Please make sure to answer each question individually and keep them numbered. No essay style is allowed when submitting. If you do, it will be returned to you.
- What is the underlying problem in this case from its leader’s perspective, Edward Lambert?
- Use the four parts of a system to diagnose Sear’s decline. Provide support for your conclusion.
- Based on what you know from chapter 3, do you think Mr. Lambert has an ethical issue in handling sears business? Explain your answer.
- From what you learned in chapter 5, How would you rate Sears’ planning, strategy, and strategic management? Explain why.
- If you were to be a consultant of Edward Lampert, using what you learned in chapter 6, what would you suggest the management do to turn this company around?
- Based on chapter seven, how would you characterize the decision-making in this company, and if you were to change it, what would you suggest and why?
- Based on what we will learn in chapter eight, explain what type of organizational structure and organizational culture Sears has.