Unit 5 Assignment: Critical Analysis and Diversity
Diversity of a group impacts the results of the group’s interactions. You read about diversity in the HBR journal article and now have an opportunity to apply these concepts.
Instructions Summary: View the rubric below for full details.
Read the following introduction and then view the scenario regarding the Chicago meeting.
Work at the KAP Resources Consulting Firm (a human resources consulting company) has recently had some major expansions overseas. The move for these offices involved relocating 25 families each to Spain and Hong Kong as well as hiring 50 local employees at each of these two locations. Top management was concerned about the transition and getting these groups at these two new locations to work together. So, during the annual managers’ meeting in Chicago, top management asked Tom Sunderland to head up a task force of the following managers:
- Carla Baskil from Puerto Rico
- Tom Sunderland from New York (Leader)
- Stephen Metzger from Los Angeles
- Joy Hanu from Hong Kong
- Drew Arnatti from Chicago
They were tasked with meeting to discuss their recommendations based upon these changes in order to create a more cohesive office in these two locations.
- Describe the critical analysis utilized by the team members.
- Explain the benefits of diversity that are illustrated in the team’s interaction.
- Explain how this diversity might benefit the team’s ultimate recommendations to create a more cohesive office in Spain and Hong Kong.