I’m working on a management exercise and need a sample draft to help me study.
Employee Engagement Strategy
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, review the following resources:
- Creating an employee engagement strategy for millennials
- What should we do about motivation theory? Six recommendations for the twenty-first century
- The future of work motivation theory
- Nurturing leadership
- Developing and Sustaining Employee Engagement (Links to an external site.).
- Meet the Team Interactive Activity (Links to an external site.)
This assignment has two parts: the Meet the Team Interactive Activity (Links to an external site.) listed above and a slide presentation. For both parts, you will assume the role of a manager who has been put in charge of a new team. You have worked for one month with the team. In that time, you have noticed that team members do not seem fully motivated and that the team overall does not seem to be working cohesively.
You will complete the Meet the Team Interactive Activity (Links to an external site.) to “meet” with each individual on your team. You will discuss each person’s experience, motivations, challenges, and goals. During the interactive, you will make choices about how you respond to each person. Each choice has a different outcome. It is your job to identify the choices that help you understand each person’s motivations. Through these conversations, you will also learn about some challenges the team has had in working together. This information will help you evaluate how you will address the overall engagement of the team.
You will create a presentation that discusses your analysis of the motivations of each person on your team and the team overall. You will include a multi-point strategy that you have formulated to address the motivation and engagement issues on the team. Your strategy should be informed by motivation theories and practices that you learned about during the course. Slide notes should fully explain each slide, as if you are presenting it, and should include citations to attribute information to sources and substantiate your points.
In your presentation,
- Complete the interactive activity to “meet” with each individual on your team.
- Create a presentation.
- Analyze the motivations of each person on your team and the team overall.
- Formulate a multi-point strategy to address the motivation and engagement issues on the team.
- Outline the motivation theories and practices outlining your strategy.
- Explain each slide fully with slide notes.
The Employee Engagement Strategy final presentation
- Must be 12 to 15 slides in length (not including title and references slides) and formatted according to APA Style