I’m working on a psychology report and need support to help me understand better.
Option 1: Final Paper Essay (TOPIC AT THE BOTTOM)
Your essay should include the following format and items to be considered complete. You may choose any topic from the textbook that you would like to learn more about. Your topic should be narrow enough to be able to write the paper without being overwhelmed and broad enough to gather enough information for the paper requirements.
undefinedBroad topic: sleep
undefinedSubtopic: shift work
undefinedPaper Topic: Does shift work create health problems for individuals.
undefinedLocate 3-5 academic articles related to your topic. All articles should be a minimum of 3 pages in length. Your articles should be current and no older than 2008. Your articles should come from peer-reviewed journals that you can get from the Grossmont Library database. Articles from newspapers, popular magazines, book reviews, or websites are not acceptable for this paper. All of your articles should not come from the same publication.
- Must contain an attention grabber for the reader or at least make the essay sound interesting, may begin with a quote about the particular topic
- Ensure that the intro moves from the general to the specific in regards to the topic
- Provides the reader with a “road map” of the essay in a logical order
- At the end there should be what is called a thesis statement, arguably the most important component of the intro
- The thesis statement states the aim of the paper and may give insight into the author’s examples and evidence
- Includes the evidence and support of the paper in addition to the author’s ideas
- Paragraphs must include a topic sentence which relates the discussion back to the thesis statement
- Logical ordering of ideas: 3 types of order
- Ensure that transition sentences are present to create a good flow to the essay
- Include substantial examples and evidence to support your argument and remember to cite, cite, cite!
- Make sure each example is relevant to your particular topic
- Chronological order—order of time, good for narratives
- Spatial order-good for descriptions of locations; top to bottom, e.g.
- Emphatic order-least important to most important; most common for college writing
- This section should wrap all of your arguments and points
- Should restate the main arguments in a simplified manner
- Ensure that the reader is left with something to think about, particularly if it is an argumentative essay
(TOPIC IS INTELLIGENCE; MORE SPECIFICALLY THE THEORY OF EIGHT INTELLIGENCES BY GARNDER)
you can get information on this topic in the textbook in chapter 8
textbook link: http://dept.clcillinois.edu/psy/LifespanDevelopmen…