I’m working on a business law writing question and need a sample draft to help me study.
Students will demonstrate their ability to comparatively address and analyze the differences between the
practices and policies adopted in response to a particular ethical issue by two competing entities within a
given industry. Students will exhibit knowledge of the impact and implications of both legal and ethical
restraints and concerns which govern and influence each of the chosen entity’s approach towards a chosen
issue. Students will establish their understanding of business ethics by articulating an argument for which
entity’s response is ethically superior.
-Select an ethics topic, which will serve as the framework for your essay.
• Examples include, but are not limited to: employee diversity issues; employee discrimination issues;
supply chain issues; environmental impact issues; CEO compensation / income inequality / pay-gap issues; worker benefit policy issues; intellectual property theft; technology (AI, genetic engineering); consumer rights & protection issues; corporate social responsibility policies; sustainability issues; community interaction issues; etc.
-Choose two “competing” companies or organizations (i.e. entities) within the same industry.
-Identify and briefly introduce the primary applicable existing laws or regulations which govern or regulate your selected issue.
- If applicable, please mention any prior, material differences in regulation.-Compare and contrast the entities in relation to the topic.
- For example, some questions you might examine: how does the entity communicate its approachtowards the issue? What actions does each entity take?
-Argue which entity’s approach or handling of your selected topic is ethically superior and why. Be specific in your reply. You may not merely identify the strengths and weaknesses of each entity’s response, but rather take an informed position as to which entity has the better approach / practice(s).
-When discussing your chosen issue, please mention / identify the primary ethical values implicated by the issue.
- To illustrate: if the issue is genetic engineering and selection, some rights implicated include freedomof choice, fairness, and equality.
– Microsoft Word Document ONLY; approx. 6 pages or 1,500 words; you will be required to use the following standard formatting: double-spaced, Times New Roman 12-pt font, 1 inch margins.
-Must include descriptive title (0.5%).
-Bibliography page is required, though not included in page count (must use APA/MLA, or alternative, comparable format).