I’m working on a sociology report and need an explanation to help me understand better.
List of Possible Topics for Your Research Paper
- How does your gender, race, class identity impact/relate to a particular social role you occupy (parent, employee, member of a religious group, profession, etc.)?
- What do you think might be the advantages and disadvantages of being another gender, race, and class?
- What material from this course has made an impact on you? What lessons will you take away at the end of the term, and why?
- Gender and race in the media
- Black people (particularly Black males) are over-represented in the juvenile and criminal justice systems. Are Black people innately a pathological group or are there factors that ameliorate conditions for more negative life outcomes for them. Explain in detail your reasons.
- The textbook identifies a particular racial and ethnic group as the model minority. Which group would you consider as a model minority and why?
- Should undocumented immigrants be deported or given an opportunity to contribute meaningfully to the economy such as paying taxes? Give reasons for your answrs.
***** You may also add your own topics as well.
Students will choose a topic from the course texts (either required OR supplemental text) to write a critical analysis paper for this course. The critical analysis paper is worth 15% of the overall grade.Papers should be double-spaced, with 1-inch margins, 12-point font Times Roman. Papers will be no less than 5 pages in length. You are expected to have no less than 8 references for your paper. 700 words/ 8 references / 5-6pages
An Introduction to the Study of Minority Groups in the United States
Part II: The Evolution of Dominant–Minority Relations in the United States
Part III: Understanding Dominant–Minority Relations in the United States Today
Part IV: Other Groups, Other Patterns
Part V: Challenges for the Present and the Future