Comment on the following statement: “A company should produce and sell any product as long as there is a market for it.”
- “It [the wood] is man’s fuel for burning; some of it he takes and warms himself, he kindles a fire and bakes bread. But he also fashions a god and worships it; he makes an idol and bows down to it” (Isaiah 44:15–17, NIV).
- “The facts about smoking…
- Cigarettes cause cancer. Smoking is the number one cause of deaths due to lung cancer, emphysema, and other serious diseases.
- For every person who dies of smoking-related illness, 20 more suffer from a chronic disease due to smoking.
- Smoking doesn’t just hurt you. Second-hand smoke from your cigarettes is a serious danger to your children, family, and friends” (www.ffsonline.org).
- “Alcohol Facts: Alcohol is created when grains, fruits, or vegetables are fermented, a process that uses yeast or bacteria to change the sugars in the food into alcohol. Alcohol has different forms and can be used as a cleaner or antiseptic; however the kind of alcohol that people drink is ethanol, which is a sedative. When alcohol is consumed, it’s absorbed into a person’s bloodstream. From there, it affects the central nervous system (the brain and spinal cord), which controls virtually all body functions. Alcohol actually blocks some of the messages trying to get to the brain. This alters a person’s perceptions, emotions, movement, vision, and hearing” (www.abovetheinfluence.com)