I’m working on a sociology discussion question and need an explanation to help me learn.
- Discuss the different messaging aimed at boys and girls in these two covers. Be detailed in your examples.
- Who do you think this is aimed at (sex/gender, age, race, etc…)?
- Why do you think these magazine covers have such different messages?
- Is it deliberate?
- What does this tell you about our contemporary understanding of masculinity and femininity?
- Discuss using key concepts from this module.
- What are two things you would change on each magazine cover?