Developing Strong Reasons
This assignment will be the only one for this week. Please follow the steps outlined below:
- Read the articles in chapter 16, and then develop a claim you can support. (Make sure you read the articles as most of the research you use must come from these articles.) You will only be writing one paragraph that develops one reason in support of the claim you create.
- Develop 3 reasons in support of your claim. The reasons must be logos, ethos, pathos, and kairos. Of course, there are 4 types, and you only have to provide 3 reasons. You do not have to have one of each — and — you may have two of one type, i.e., two logos and one kairos reason.
- Chose one of your reasons to develop with at least 3 different pieces of research as I did in the example.
- At least 2 of the pieces of research must come from the articles found in chapter 16.
- Finally, create a Works Cited page that lists the 3 different sources you have used.
This assignment is going to be work 150 points so even though you will only be writing a claim, 3 reasons, a paragraph with 3 pieces of research, and a Works Cited page, it is very important that you do it correctly.
The points will be distributed as follows:
- Arguable claim (5 points)
- 3 reasons that are either logos, pathos, ethos, & kairos (30 points)
- 3 separate pieces of research directly related to one of the reasons (45 points)
- Sources are introduced correctly (25 points) Go back to review Module 3 — Reader-Based Documentation is you do not remember.
- A Works Cited page done correctly (look back at the example in Module 3) (20 points)
- General grammar and sentence construction (20 points)