I’m working on a management case study and need an explanation to help me learn.
Please read the Servant Leadership case and then address the Case Study Questions below. Please use APA format as shown in the APA Template provided.
Your Case Study Paper should provide a cohesive narrative fully addressing the questions and recapping the relevant data, problems/causes and outcomes from the article.
- You should include citations to the source article, as well as to the textbook where appropriate, throughout your paper and in a References page on the last page of your paper.
- In-text citations should be in the format (Vanderpyl, 2012) or (Vanderpyl, 2012, p. X) when you have a quote in the sentence for which you are providing the citation.
- Citations for the textbook are (Daft, 2018) or (Daft, 2018, p. XXX).
- Be sure to include both sources in a Reference page on the last page of your paper. You do not need to identify and include any additional references beyond the source article and the textbook for this Case Study paper.
You should aim for 4-6 pages for Case Study assignments.
- Case Background: Provide a meaningful summary of the case background. This information should be addressed in a chronological and narrative format. Be sure to address each of the bullets below.
- Identify the problems and underlying causes. Be sure to include relevant dates and present your narrative in chronological order of their occurrence.
- Identify the stakeholders involved in this case (e.g., nurses union, media, clients, etc.).
- Describe how Cowan’s predecessor (the leader prior to Cowan’s appointment as CEO in 2001) lead and managed the organization and the outcomes of his leadership.
- Leadership Strategies: The article discusses four major strategies that Cowan used in leading SMHC (listed in bullets below). Choose and describe the strategy that you think was most effective and why you believe it was the strategy that worked best for Cowan in SMHC’s turnaround.
- Get in their face
- Offer to serve, rather than be served
- Weed the garden
- Give the credit away
- Leadership Traits and Communication Tactics: Discuss the leadership traits and the communication tactics used by Cowan (refer to textbook chapter 9) to motivate, collaborate, and innovate. Be sure to provide citations to the textbook when you use concepts from it in your discussion.
- Outcomes of Servant Leadership: Discuss the relational and financial outcomes of Cowan’s servant leadership to this healthcare institution, its employees, and other stakeholders (e.g., unions).
- Challenges of Servant Leadership: Identify and discuss the challenges that make servant leadership so difficult to implement in practice. Identify at least two of the challenging elements of this leadership style for servant leaders.
UNFORMATTED ATTACHMENT PREVIEW
Purchase answer to see full attachment