Now that you have defined the quality dimensions, you will need to determine which quality process improvement tools and techniques would bring the biggest benefit to your project. Some of the tools that you may want to research include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lean thinking
- Value stream process mapping
- Kaizen (The Japanese word for Continuous Improvement)
- Five Ss (separate, straighten, scrub, standardize, systematize)
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 350–500 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Research at least 2 sources (which may include your textbook) to support your response. Discuss the following:
- Compare and contrast 3 process improvement tools and techniques from the tools listed above.
- In your opinion, which is the best quality process improvement tool or technique to implement in your project? Why?
Write 2 more paragraphs that are an introduction and conclusion to this topic. Be sure to include your references, and format your submission in APA format.