Comparison of Assessment Tool Constructs
- Comparison of Assessment Tool Constructs Scoring Guide.
- Assignment Template.
- Capella Graduate Resources: APA Style and Format.
- Capella Library.
- Beck Anxiety Inventory.
- Detailed Assessment of Posttraumatic Stress (DAPS).
- Symptom Checklist-90-Revised (SCL-90-R).
- Child Behavior Checklist (CBCL).
- Behavior Assessment System for Children (BASC-2) (2nd ed.).
- Substance Abuse Subtle Screening Inventory (SASSI-3).
- Michigan Alcoholism Screening Test (MAST).
- Campbell Interest and Skills Survey (CISS).
- Marital Satisfaction Inventory–Revised (MSI–R).
- Parent-Child Relationship Inventory (PCRI).
- Eating Disorder Inventory-3 (EDI-3).
In this assignment, you will be comparing the constructs of two assessment tools. Use the Resources provided and the University Library to complete the following:
- Select an assessment tool from those listed in the Resources area and one additional assessment tool from the literature using the Capella University Library. The assessment tools should measure the same construct. For example, if you select the Beck Anxiety Inventory from the Resources area, you would want to select another tool from the literature that also measures anxiety.
- Examine the key test measurement constructs of reliability and validity for each tool, and compare these constructs for each tool. You will want to describe the methods used to acquire reliability and validity for each assessment and also discuss how the constructs relate to each other between the two assessment tools.
- Describe how results on each assessment are interpreted. For example, how are scores interpreted in comparison to group means and norms (for a standardized or norm-referenced test) or to cutoff scores (for criterion-referenced test)? How are scores on this assessment correlated with other tests that measure the same construct?
- Incorporate a minimum of six scholarly research studies analyzing the effectiveness of each selected assessment tool in professional settings.
- Based on the review of literature, evaluate which assessment tool has clearer application of measurement concepts.
Please use the Assignment Template listed under Resources to compose your Comparison of Assessment Tool Constructs paper.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors so that the overall message is clear.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style.
- Number of resources: Minimum of six scholarly resources (distinguished submissions will likely exceed that minimum).
- Length of paper: Six to eight double-spaced, typed pages, excluding title and reference pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.