(age 28)is addicted to heroin. He has withdrawal symptoms,stomach cramps,muscle spasms,a runny nose, chills, dilated pupils, elevated blood pressure and heart rate and, and he is running a slight temperature. He has no other major medical problems and only reports mild anxiety symptoms. Initially, he is polite and charming and just wants a referral to a new doctor who will give him some “meds”as his prior physician will not give him any more. When you recommend an evaluation first, Michael becomes angry and threatening.He says you are leaving him no options except to rob someone.He tells you he wants to quit using drugs and he just get needs a few pills to get him through the night.
Write: The paper should be one-to-two pages in length (excluding title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style. Your paper must contain at least one reference from a scholarly source that is cited according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center and published in the past 10 years. Examples of scholarly sources include peer reviewed journal articles, research studies, professional websites with authored material, and government websites. Popular Internet sites (Wikipedia, Newsweek, New York Times, etc.) are not considered scholarly sources. For further assistance in determining whether or not a site is scholarly, be sure to access the Evaluating Web Resources tutorial (Links to an external site.) on the Ashford University Library website.
The Case Study Selection paper
- Must be one to two double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought. View the Critical Thinking Community (Links to an external site.) website for further assistance.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis and summarizes supporting evidence.
- Must use at least one scholarly source published within the past 10 years.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.